NUDESTIX EYE PENCIL IN STARDUST AND LIP + CHEEK PENCIL IN LOVE

5:56 AM


NUDESTIX is a new brand created by two teenage sisters Ally and Taylor and their chemical engineer mother Jenny. It is all about simple, natural makeup that accentuates your natural beauty rather than covering it up with all kinds of makeup. I love the vision and message of this new brand. Especially for young girls. Too many girls are growing up learning about makeup on youtube and instagram from artists that can be quite creative and dramatic with their makeup. Don’t get me wrong, I love these mediums and I love seeing the amazing talent and work that is shared, but for young impressionable girls they are missing the beauty of their youth and going far overboard when it comes to makeup. I love the NUDESTIX message of “Makeup crayons for all faces, in all places.” Simple, easy, natural looking makeup to let your natural beauty shine through. Given that I am such a strong believer of the message the NUDESTIX brand represents I really wanted to love the products. Unfortunately I was a let down by the performance of the products, especially given their price point of (RM92)


The packaging of these products is great. I love the matte black metal tins that the pencils come in. There is a mirror inside the lid and there is lots of room inside so that you could throw several pencils in the tin to tote around in your handbag. The tin is longer for the Eye Pencils than it is for the Lip + Cheek pencil since the Eye Pencil is longer due to the smudger end on the pencil. Both products contain 1.41g/0.05oz of product. Each pencil also comes with it’s own sharpener which can be kept loose in the tin, placed on the end of the pencil, or use it in place of the standard cap on the pencils.

The NUDESTIX Eye Pencil in Stardust is a gorgeous sheer shimmering champagne. It applies smoothly to the eye and blends easily. The effect is really lovely. Unfortunately the shadow creased almost immediately on my lids. It migrated into the creases of my eye and faded almost completely away from the other areas of my lid. I don’t have oily lids so I don’t usually have much trouble in terms of eyeshadows creasing so I was surprised and disappointed to see it happen so quickly.

The NUDESTIX Lip + Cheek Pencil in Love is a pretty universal soft pink. The creamy texture applies comfortably to lips and is easily blended onto the cheeks for a lovely natural glow without shimmer. The formula is enriched with peptides, Shea butter, and vitamin E. While I didn’t experience the fading as quickly with the Lip + Cheek pencil as I did with the Eye Pencil the product still disappeared from my cheeks after several hours. It also never really sets or dries down on the cheeks so you are left with a creamy, slightly tacky feeling on your skin. Reminiscent of what you would feel if you applied a standard lipstick as a blusher in a pinch. While the wear time was also quite short on the lips, about two hours, I really loved the look and feel of the Lip + Cheek Pencil as a lip product and the colour Love is a really pretty shade.

Benefits
  • Cream formula
  • Nude/luminous barely there eyeshadow
  • Soft and satiny feel and even color pay-off
  • Preservative free
  • No animal testing
  • Smudge-tip applicator for easy blending and smoking


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe